Combines Theory & Practice
Learn with simulation games – just like CBS:
At CBS we use ActeeChange to illustrate different dynamics and to discuss scenarios within Change Management. The game is based on some specific Management Change theories, which illustrate the thoughts that derive from the theories. It is a sensible game considering the theoretical assumptions behind it. The game is interactive and combines practice with theory, which contributes to heightening the quality of the teaching.
Variation In The Teaching Methods
ActeeChange helps to create variation in teaching methods, which has a positive effect on the learning process. We can measure that it results in a better learning effect to use a game as ActeeChange, among other things because the students spend more time on their course when games are a part of the teaching. This is due to the fact that they have to learn about the game, read the manual, play some rounds and discuss the next moves in the game.
Open & Constructive Atmosphere
We have an ongoing dialogue with Actee and the negotiation about the different models of license happened in an open and constructive atmosphere and made it possible to land a beneficial deal for both parties.
Actee usage at CBS
- Casework: Students play and learn through relatable case games
- Realism: Prepare students for work-life with gamification and cases used by large international organizations
- Engagement: Use game elements to engage students in face-to-face teaching
- Practice: Make theory action-oriented as applied in examples of real-life situations and natural human reactions
- Collaboration: Work together in groups to reflect on new perspectives provoked by the outcome of game decisions
- Data Generation: Get an overview of the choices made and actions taken in the games with the data tool.